I wore this look to drop Connor off at her dance class (she’s taking outdoor classes two days a week now, and yay for seeing other kids her age!), and then to go to Trader Joe’s, because doing that kind of regular everyday stuff is the adult equivalent of going to your high school senior prom now. (Dance studio drop-off IS AN EVENT. Ya gotta do it up!)
I took the new Urban Decay Stoned Vibes Palette for a spin for the first time in this look. It’s a new palette with 12 powder eyeshadows, the majority of them with this chonky-looking glitter formula that has a bit of squish to it. They look like they could potentially look like you’re wearing big flakes of glitter on your skin, but there was hardly any floof, fallout or flakes when I got Tiger’s Eye on my lids. The formula applies smoother than I expected it to, but you get WHOA, WHOA, WHOOOOOA levels of shimmer.
So…Urban Decay isn’t shy about their 420 references, but in this case I think “Stoned Vibes” actually refers to, ya know…gemstones, although Tiger’s Eye looks nothing like a stone on my eyelids. It’s a lovely pinkish bronze (heavy on the pink!), which is why I paired it with rose cheeks and lips.
OH! — I gotta point out the lower lash line. I’m wearing MAC Teddy, yet again, because apparently this fall is going to be my greatest hits tour of Teddy smoked along the lower lash line. I just kinda forgot how great it is when worn that way?! It’s fantastic.
I think I’m going to do a look with the purples in this palette (it’s $54, BTW) next because they remind me of my birth month gemstone, Alexandrite…which leads me to a question for you!
What’s your birth month gem? Drop it in the comments, along with any Qs you might have about the palette or this look, if you have ’em. As usual, the full breakdown of products is down below.
Makeup worn in this look
- NARS Tinted Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base in Medium — all over the lids as a base
- Urban Decay Stoned Palette Eyeshadows — Good Karma (brow bone), Antidote (crease), Hexed (outer crease), Third eye (outer v), Tiger’s Eye (lids, applied with finger)
- MAC Whisper of Gilt — inner corner highlight
- Urban Decay Brow Blade in Dark Drapes and MAC Clear Brow Set — brows
- MAC Teddy — lower lash line
- Honest Beauty Liquid Liner — winged liner
- Laura Mercier Caviar Mascara — lashes
- Laura Mercier Soleil 1 — bronzer
- Laura Mercier Rose — blush
- Wander Beauty B.B. and Riviera Dual Lipstick — mixed together
- Wander Beauty Glow Ahead Face Oil — prep
- Laura Mercier Foundation primer — prep
- Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter in Tan — foundation, all over face
- Kevyn Aucoin Supernatural Concealer in Medium 05 and 06 — under eyes, cheeks and around mouth
- Laura Mercier Translucent Honey Loose Powder — forehead, down the sides of nose, around mouth and along the jawline
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,