Lets spill the beans about our favorite drink!
Coffee. You need it. I need it. It starts our day, gets us through the mediocrity of our working hours, and ends a delicious meal. There is never occasion where coffee is inappropriate. And everyone loves it. People write poetry about it.
However, you take your coffee, you are part of an elite group of everybody (give or take) who cannot live without it.
The first record of coffee is from the 15th century. It is said to have originated in the Sufi monasteries of Yemen. The actual word coffee is said to have come about in 1582, from the Dutch word koffie, which came from the Ottoman Turkish kahve, which itself was borrowed from the Arabic word qahwah. Qahwah used to mean “wine” which is interesting because what a lot of people don’t know is that coffee beans are essentially seeds harvested from these little red nuggets that look like grapes!
No matter where you’re from, what time of day you drink it, how you take it, or why you enjoy it, we can all agree that coffee is the most enjoyable necessity of any era. Why do you think there are so many coffee shops everywhere?
Lets all come together and celebrate our favorite drink with these delicious coffee quotes and funny memes that are perfect to use as your instagram caption every time you need your daily dose of caffeine.
1. The only thing I like better than mediocre coffee, is good coffee.
“Even bad coffee is better than no coffee at all” —David Lynch
2. A cup of coffee is a cure all to all of our daily physical and mental ailments.
“We want to do a lot of stuff; we’re not in great shape, we didn’t get a good night’s sleep, we’re a little depressed. Coffee solves all of these problems in one delightful little cup” —Jerry Seinfeld
3. Coffee fuels us to get things done.
“I believe humans get a lot done. Not because we’re smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee.” —Flash Rosenburg
4. I don’t know what dried roast goat tastes like but I feel this on a deep level.
“Without my morning coffee, I’m just like a dried up piece of roast goat.” —Johann Sebastian Bach
5. A day without coffee is more torturous than any other suffering.
“I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless.” —Napoleon Bonaparte
6. Get good at making what the people really want.
“I judge a restaurant by the bread and the coffee” —Bert Lancaster
7. I like my coffee like I like my powers of the universe.
“Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love.” —Charles Maurice Tallyrand
8. My life is the tallied in the number of coffees I’ve stirred.
“I have measured out my life with coffee spoons” —T.S Elliot
9. Don’t tease me about my coffee!
“That’s something that annoys the hell out of me—I mean if somebody says the coffee’s all ready and it isn’t.” —J.D. Salinger (Catcher in the Rye)
10. I can speak in fluent beans.
“Coffee is a language in itself.” —Jackie Chan
11. Drinking coffee is like a talk with a close friend.
“Good communication is just as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after.” —Anne Morrow Lindbergh
12. Strength of mind is equal to or greater than the strength of brew.
“The powers of a man’s mind are directly proportional to the quantity of coffee he drank.” —Sir James MacKintosh
13. Coffee is strictly personal and a way to check in with yourself.
“Coffee is a lot more than just a drink; it’s something happening. Not as in hip, but like an event, a place to be, but not like a location, but like somewhere within yourself. It gives you time, but not actual hours or minutes, but a chance to be, like be yourself, and have a second cup.” —Gertrude Stine
14. Coffee is first and foremost a need, and secondly and more superficially a recreation.
“It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity. I bet this kind of thing does not happen to heroin addicts. I bet that when serious heroin addicts go to purchase their heroin, they do not tolerate waiting in line while some dilettante in front of them orders a hazelnut smack-a-cino with cinnamon sprinkles.” —David Berry
15. Coffee doesn’t keep you awake, it prevents you from sleeping.
“Coffee is a beverage that puts one to sleep when not drank” —Albert Allias
16. Coffee creates the buzz of the people.
“Humanity runs on coffee.” —Unknown
17. Everything starts with the nose.
“To me, the smell of fresh made coffee is one of the greatest inventions.” —Hugh Jackman
18. Friendship is greater than coffee… but only by a little.
“Coffee with a friend is like capturing happiness in a cup.” —Unknown
19. Coffee is love and love is coffee
“Love is in the air and it smells like coffee.” —Unknown
20. Java is the fuel of success.
“Behind every successful woman is a substantial amount of coffee.” —Stephanie Piro
21. The beans of change are a comin’.
“It’s amazing how the world can change through the eyes of a cup of coffee.” —Donna A Favors
22. I heard it through the coffee vine… sorry.
“Science may never come up with a better office communication system than a coffee break” —Earl Wilson
23. Plain and simple good advice.
“Life happens, coffee helps.” —Unknown
24. Put energy into everything you do.
“Coffee: because hating your job should be done with enthusiasm.” —Unknown.
25. Know your worth, and get some coffee.
“I like my coffee like I like myself: strong, sweet, and too hot for you.” —Jac Vanek
Kaitlin Kaiser is a writer who writes about love, relationships, self-care, spirituality and astrology.